Selling your home in Kansas City can be a stressful time. Any homeowner wants to sell their house fast and get the best price for it. To sell a home in the quickest time possible, many homeowners in Kansas City sell for cash. The main advantage of an “all-cash” property deal is that you can close the deal in a matter of days.
Why would someone want to sell their house in Kansas City (KC) place for cash? Maybe they’ve inherited a house, facing foreclosure, or going through a divorce. But it could be they need a quick sale on their home because of relocating. If you’re in one of those situations, the good news is that it’s easy to sell your house fast.
There are three options for selling a house in Kansas City fast. These options are:
- Selling your house yourself—also called For Sale By Owner (FSBO)
- Selling your home to a local real estate investor
- Selling your home through a real estate broker
Whether you’re a first-time home seller or you’ve done it a thousand times, there are many reasons to sell your house for cash. If you need to sell your house fast and can’t wait three to six months—or even longer—this article is for you.
In this article, you’ll find all you need about selling your house for cash. We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of “cash” property deals. You’ll also learn how to sell your home in super-quick time for maximum profit.
Selling Your Home for Cash — What’s an “All-Cash” Deal?
Selling a house for cash means that the buyer (usually a real estate investor) buys your house without financing. Because real estate investors have funds on hand, they close the deal with a cashier’s check or ACH bank transfer.
The two types of cash buyers in Kansas City are usually individual buyers who plan to live there themselves or real estate investors. But it doesn’t matter the kind of all-cash buyer you find; the good news is that you can close the deal in days rather than months.
Here is the difference between the closing times of selling your home:
- All-cash purchase closing times: The fastest way to sell your house is to a cash buyer. Once you’re under contract, the buyer can close the deal in seven to fourteen days. During this time, the title and escrow companies clear any liens.
- Financed purchase closing times: Selling your house in a financed purchase deal takes at least a month. However, in Kansas City, it can take up to 60 days before all financing approvals are granted.
Selling a House for Cash in Kansas City – The Step-By-Step Process
Selling your Kansas City house for cash couldn’t be easier. Here are the few necessary steps it requires to sell your home:
- Find a cash buyer—You caneither go down the “For Sale By Owner” route or contact a company that “buys houses in any condition for cash.”
- Sign the contract—You accept the buyer’s fair price cash offer and sign a Purchase and Sale Agreement. You are now “under contract.”
- Verify proof of funds—Usually, you can arrange a deposit of up to 2 percent of the sale price. You will also need to get proof of funds to ensure the investor has the cash.
- Let the investor do the rest—Once under contract, the real estate investor hires a title and escrow company. The investor will clear all liens, and the escrow company deals with the closing documents and money transfer.
Reputable real estate investment companies in Kansas City buy houses for cash without charging any commission fees or closing costs. So, the fair-price cash offer the investor gives you is the amount of money you’ll receive in your bank.
How to Sell a Home in Any Condition in Kansas City
Local real estate Kansas City investors such as Norton Home Solutions buy houses for cash in any condition. Selling a home in an “as-is” condition sometimes makes perfect sense. If your home needs extensive repairs or renovation, selling to an investor it the best option.
Why sell a home in any condition to an investor? This simple answer is that it’s easier than selling through an agent. A real estate agent typically requests that extensive repairs are made before listing. Although this will bring up the final sale price, it’s not always worth the investment.
Here are a few reasons to sell a home in any condition
- Sell your house faster because you don’t have lengthy repairs that delay the sale of your home.
- It can cost a lot of money to fix up a house to list it through a real estate agent. You may not have the money or might not want to invest in the property. You may not recoup the investment in the final sale value of your home.
- You need a fast sale because of life-changing events, and you can’t wait for months to sell your home the “traditional” way.
How to Find a Cash Buyer in Missouri to Sell Your Kansas City House
Once you’ve decided to sell your house for cash, you need to find a cash buyer. When looking for someone to buy your home, it’s crucial to do an extensive search in your local area. The good news is that there are plenty of Missouri real estate investors.
1. Do an internet search
The first step is to search the internet for cash buyers. You could use a keyword phrase such as “I want to sell my house in Kansas City for cash.” Or, you could just type in “sell my house fast in Kansas City.”
2. Check out “we buy any house” signs
Missouri real estate investors use “we buy houses” signs to attract folks like you who want to sell their house fast. For example, at Norton Home Solutions, we buy houses in Kansas City. Our local, family-owned business helps hundreds of local homeowners sell their homes for cash every year.
The Pros and Cons of Selling Your Kansas City House for Cash
Some KC homeowners may think that it sounds too good to be true—selling your house in a few days for maximum profit. What are the pros of selling your home for cash? Are there any cons to selling your house in an all-cash deal?
At Norton Home Buyers, we pride ourselves on being a transparent company. So, here are the pros and cons of selling your home for cash.
The pros of selling your Kansas City home for cash
Here are some of the advantages of contacting a “cash home buyers” in KC:
- Sell your house fast—With no need to wait on financing, you can close the deal in one to two weeks.
- Sell your house with no repairs or staging—Selling your home to a real estate investor means you sell it without making any repairs. The investors undertake all the work to repair the property.
- Sell your home in difficult circumstances—There may be reasons why a real estate agent can’t sell your house. However, an investor buys any house, in any condition, and deals with all the problems after the sale.
- Sell your home without contingencies—Once you accept the investor’s offer, the deal is guaranteed.
- Sell your home without an appraisal—Sinceinvestors don’t involve lenders, there are no appraisals or home inspections to arrange.
- Sell your home without commissions—Oneof the biggest advantages is that you can sell your home without paying a dime in commission fees.
The cons of selling your Kansas City home for cash
Here are some of the disadvantages of contacting a “cash home buyers” in KC:
- Lower sale value—A cash offer tends to be lower than listing your home through an agent.
Of course, there are circumstances when it makes sense to list your home with a real estate agent. If you’ve got time to wait, you will generally get more money for your home. All you need to do is find a buyer through an agent or broker, get an appraisal from the financing company, and sign the deal.
Selling Your House for Cash in Kansas City: In Conclusion
In many cases, selling your house for cash is an ideal solution for many Kansas City homeowners. Of course, each circumstance is different, and for some, a cash sale on a home is more advantageous. For others, listing their house through an agent is a better deal.
We hope that this guide to selling a home for cash in Kansas City gives you a better understanding of what’s involved. You can see that all-cash property deals have many advantages. The most important benefit is that selling your house to an investor for cash always means you can sell your Kansas City home in the fastest time possible.